Find Legal Information:

If you need an attorney for help in a current criminal case, please contact the Office of The Ohio Public Defender.


Record Sealing

In some circumstances, a past criminal record, whether an arrest or conviction, may prevent you from getting or keeping employment. If you need help sealing a criminal record, the link below will take you to another website – where you can get help in determining whether or not you may seal your criminal record and in preparing the necessary forms. This program will ask you questions about your past criminal record. The information and documents you receive through this program are based on information you provide.

The program does not provide legal advice or individual legal help from an attorney. It will help you prepare forms for sealing a criminal record that you will file without an attorney.


Search through the Ohio Legal Aid websites.

Suggested Search Terms

  • Child Care
  • Discrimination
  • Earned Income Tax Credit (or EITC)
  • Employee vs. Independent Contractor
  • Employment Benefits
  • Expungement
  • Family Medical Leave Act (or FMLA)
  • Harassment
  • Income Tax
  • Minimum Wage
  • Pension
  • Sealing a Criminal Record
  • Unemployment Compensation (or UC)
  • Wage Claims
  • Working Conditions
  • Worker Safety
  • Wrongful Termination
Translate »